oh wow! these were the BEST potatoes ever!
and don't let the sour cream scare you off if you think you don't like sour cream on your potatoes! I cut the sour cream on everything, and I could not taste it on these, only made them creamy. delicious!
- 5 whole Large Red Potatoes (I used 8-10 small ones)
- 1 stick Butter, Softened
- 5 slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 whole Green Onions, Sliced
- ¾ cup Sour Cream
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper To Taste
- ¾ cup French Fried Onions, More For Topping
Nuke potatoes or bake in the oven until fork-tender (I did mine in the microwave for about 10-12 minutes on HIGH). Add to a large bowl and smash with a potato masher. Immediately add softened butter, green onions, bacon, and sour cream and stir with a rubber spatula. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add french fried onions and fold in.
Serve hot, sprinkling on extra french fried onions and green onions. Yummy with grilled steak or chicken!